Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March Madness vs. March to Insanity


I love March Madness basketball - but what about the March to insanity in the financial system/Congress/White House? Let's set aside hoops and talk loops:

On American.com, they highlight Arnold King's article, "The Toxic NCAA Bracket" where he "supposes what would happen if he was doing poorly in a March Madness pool that he entered for $10 and Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner came along with a fistful of taxpayer dollars."

“The way his plan works, you can put up a nickel to get a share of my bracket, and Tim will lend you forty-five cents, which you do not have to pay back if you lose. If you win, you and Tim split the proceeds. You’re happy, because for a nickel you're picking up half a share of a bracket worth fifteen cents. I’m happy, because I sell my toxic bracket for fifty cents instead of fifteen cents. Somebody should be unhappy. Guess who?”


No comments: